- Breath Training for Trauma Recovery
- Jean Shares Her Journey of Healing from PTSD
- William Shatner Asks Dr. Baranowsky: What Is PTSD?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), related responses and disorder can occur when you are exposed to very disturbing incidents or situations. Exposure to acts of violence, military combat or war, serious injury, accidents, illness, or threat of death personally or to those who you know or with whom you have contact, can lead to Post-Traumatic Responses. Being exposed to a significant trauma can leave us feeling frightened, hopeless, helpless and out-of-control in our lives.
Radio Interview on “What is PTSD?”
What is PTSD? Radio Interview
Special guest Dr Anna Baranowsky and Teresa Lauer discuss PTSD and 3 Steps to Healing trauma with Bill Murray host of “Stop Child Abuse Now” Radio Show. What is PTSD?: 3 Steps to Healing Trauma was written to help both those who work with trauma survivors and anyone who wants to learn about PTSD.
Getting the right care can help us gain our lives back. Unfortunately, experiencing trauma is not uncommon. Let’s take a look at some of the statistics:
- 60% of men and 50% of women experience at least one significant trauma during their lifetime
- An even higher percent experience secondary trauma with someone close exposed to trauma
- 7%-20% of the general population are diagnosed with PTSD depending on the severity
- Women are more at risk of being exposed to a sexual abuse in life
- Men tend to experience acts of physical violence more often like war combat, natural disaster
Trauma Recovery Resources
The good news is that even though trauma exposure is fairly common most people are resilient and able to recover from the effects. If you find that you are not recovering as well or quickly as you might want, it’s time to find resources to get the right help.
The following links, resources, and materials were developed for your personal use on your trauma recovery journey:
- Recovery Now Trauma: Self-Help Audio Recording Download
- Compassion Fatigue Resources: Self-Assessment Download
- TraumaLine1 Resources for Trauma Survivors: Books, CDs, DVDs, Audio, Apps & More
- TraumaLine1 Resources for Trauma Providers: Books, CDs, DVDs, Audio, Apps & More